What We Believe
When someone wants to join our church we ask two questions about belief: “Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior and promise to follow Him as Lord?” and “Do you accept the Holy Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, as the word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct?”
That is essential to who we are, but we also have historically been committed to particular central beliefs, that we call affirmations, which are:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
For more details on what these affirmations mean, visit the Beliefs page of the Evangelical Covenant Church’s website.